For existing customers of SDScribe™
You can download the last version of SDScribe™ 2015, SDScribe™ 2016, SDScribe™ 2017, or the current version of SDScribe™ 2018 using these links to program installers. These update installers will not overwrite your existing work (your data). As a precaution, however, you should always back up your data to a separate location before installing.
NOTE: Do NOT install SDScribe™ 2015 if you have already upgraded to SDScribe™ 2016 or 2017.
NOTE: Requires a serial number for SDScribe™ 2017.
NOTE: Do NOT install SDScribe™ 2016 if you have already upgraded to SDScribe™ 2017.
NOTE: Requires a serial number for SDScribe™ 2018.
Upgrade to the current version of SDScribe™
If you are a user of an earlier version of SDScribe™, the current version of the program has many new features, including:
- Existing SDS records can be designated as templates, for use when creating a new SDS.
- Improved Suggestion report with styled text for emphasis. The program can paste underlined suggestions into the SDS, at the click of a button.
- Stock phrases can be associated with fields on the SDS, so that relevant phrases will appear when opening the stock phrases dialog.
- Product Safety Data Sheet (PSDS) capability for products which are articles. Includes an optional disclaimer which can be inserted at the top of the first page.
- Improved SDS diagnostics, with green labels highlighting missing field or other content.
- New sorting options for regulations and components that appear on the SDS.
- Exposure limits and regulations can be individually omitted from the SDS.
- Improved appearance for GHS pictograms when printed, and the option of printing the name of each pictogram.
- Customizable font colors and background color bars for SDS section titles.
- New header style and font size reduction options, to generate a more compact SDS.
- Simplified Chinese SDS section labels and hazard categories (optional).
- Export and import routines for transferring SDSs to another copy of the program.
- The SDS can be used to create a new Substance record.
- SDS records can be designated as archived, so that they won't normally appear in the SDS browse list.
- Completely redesigned Substance record entry form, with new fields corresponding to the SDS-record fields. Improves ease of copying information in either direction (Substance -> SDS or SDS -> Substance).
- Enhanced quick searches for Substance records now include product names, supplier names, synonyms, and the ability to search for components of a material. The last five quick searches appear in a drop-down menu next to the search box (Substance browse list).
- Ability to calculate minimum and maximum percent concentrations from molarity levels of Substance records (dilute aqueous solutions).
- Added a parts section for containers, lids, labels, packaging, and other items relevant to production. You can enter unit costs as well as volume discounts.
- The optional Inventory/Production Manager handles part and ingredient stocks; generates purchase orders; prepares recipes/BOMs, calculates production costs; and records production operations. You can print batch sheets for production workers and even attach a scanned copy after it is complete.
To upgrade to the current version of SDScribe™, go to our Purchasing page.